It's All About You !

It's All About You !
My website

Friday 26 March 2010

XP Internet Security Scam

How to remove XP Internet Security 2010 (free removal guide)

I cant believe i was such an idiot ....

Last night around 11.30 pm i recieved an email that i thought was from face book telling me that id had a password change due to safety measures, i had a feeling something wasnt quite right and shouted on my daughter to ask if they usually did that sort of thing.
She said not that she knew of, but i thought i best download the attatchment just incase there were any problems today, that was when the nightmare began.

XP internet security literally took over my pc, it shut down and took over my AVG and my SPYWARE programs and wouldnt allow me to download anything else to help get rid of it, its honestly as if it knows everything your doing and is one step ahead.

You get constant pop ups telling you that your computer is riddled with viruses, trojens and all kinds of threats, it encourages you to use their scanning system to help get rid of them, then demands money to compleate the process.

Trust me, it gets quite worrying, it can mess with your registry, and other programs, it knocked off both my mouse and key board for a while after a few attempts at trying to download new spyware programs.

So after many hours of struggling i decided to type in its name and see what came up and i was suprised to find it was well known as a real pain in the ass program thats a nightmare to get rid of, however there were cures out there, i just had to find one that worked.

I had two attempts at getting rid of this program before i was succesful and the process turned out to be quite simple, only by now it was 4.30 am and im loaded with cold, absaloutely shatterd and finding it hard to concentrate but i was too scared to wait until today incase it got into the guts of my pc and i lost everything, so i was determined to get it before i went to bed.

Here is a copy from the email i recieved...

Facebook Password Reset Confirmation! Support Message.

and this was the message
Dear user of facebook,... See more

Because of the measures taken to provide safety to our clients, your password has been changed.
You can find your new password in attached document.

Thanks,
Your Facebook.

This is the site that helped me get rid of the problem with ease,
http://deletemalware.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-to-remove-xp-internet-security-2010.html

I thought it was definately worth shareing this information with you as its a nasty scam, so people, please be careful out there

No comments:

Post a Comment