Saturday, 27 February 2010
fruits and veg for healthy skin
I came across this list whilst cruising the net for tips and i thought it was a great way to show you the properties and bennefits of eating daily fruits and veggies .
Not only is it great for your diet, but its great for your immune system and your skin, along with many other properties.
check it out below.
* Oranges are rich source of Vitamin C. It prevents constipation. They work as cleansers and improve the skin and supports the immune system.
* Carrots have vitamin A and are very good for the eyes. They are one of the richest source of beta carotene. Carrot juice if taken in the morning on an empty stomach is very beneficial. It develops immunity. Prevents premature aging. It has anti-cancer properties.
* Beetroot is very good for anemic persons. It does wonders to your skin. It purifies the blood and is rejuvenating.
* Grapes are effective for constipation and gives relief in piles. It prevents dryness of skin and it purifies the blood. Its juice can be applied on wrinkles under the eyes.
* Pineapple juice is very rich in vitamin C. It also contains Vitamins A&B. Taken with honey it is effective for sore throat.
* Tomatoes contain iron and is rich in vitamin A. Recommended for those who want to reduce their weight. It combats cancer.
* Watermelon cools our body and are excellent cleansers.
* Cucumber cools our body and is very good for those who want to lose weight. They work as astringents, cooling and brightening agents of the skin. It can be used in natural face packs also.
* Lemons protect your heart, control your blood pressure and is excellent for the skin and hair. Works as a bleach for the skin. Lemon juice mixed with warm water and honey can be taken daily the first thing in the morning to have a clear complexion. It can be taken for weight reduction also.
* Apples relieve constipation and reduces cholesterol and removes toxins. Apple pulp can be used as a face pack.
* Bananas contain vitamins, minerals, fiber and carbohydrates. They are rich in potassium. They make an excellent face pack especially for dry skin. Add a few drops of olive oil or honey to banana pulp and use as a face pack.
* Papaya is good for the skin. It gives relief in case of constipation and it combats cancer. Papaya cleanses the body completely. It delays aging of skin. Raw papaya juice if applied externally helps to cure pimples and also reduces wrinkles.
* Gooseberry is rich in vitamin C. It increases the body's resistance against diseases. It has medicinal properties and is excellent for the skin and hair. It rejuvenates our body. One or two gooseberries (fruit preserved in honey) can be taken daily.
* Garlic is a very powerful antiseptic. It helps to delay aging and restores tissue. It reduces high blood pressure and is good for the blood and heart. It has many other medicinal uses also. Include garlic (raw or steamed) in your diet as it has antibacterial properties and helps to improve the health of the skin
Dry Fruits : Dates are rich in iron and is good for the blood.
Almonds are rich in vitamin E and is very good for the skin.
Dry grapes relieves constipation and is also good for the throat.
Figs are very nutritious. They are easily digestible and they eliminate
impurities from blood. They are useful in case of fatigue and weakness.
Dried Apricots are rich source of iron and beta carotene. You can take it everyday for radiant looking skin.
*credit where its due -