It's All About You !

It's All About You !
My website

Monday 24 January 2011

Frugal Living

Due to circumstances beyond our control, our lives took a massive turn around a year ago after the death of my son.
Not only did we have to cope with the loss, but we had to cope with learning to live without him, we had cared for him for almost 21 years due to his many dissibillities and life became such a lonely and desperate place despite having my husband and two daughters around me.

We had to learn to live life for ourselves, by ourselves, (i still cant get the hang of it yet, i like to be needed )

Anyway back to the topic at hand, living frugaly.
Financially we hit an all time low, it was a pretty desperate time and i was scared that we wouldnt cope, but like all miracles, despite everything here we are and we havent lost our sense of humour, we simply adjusted.

In fact a year on and im quite enjoying the challenge of keeping our heads above water and finding new ways to do it, thats not to say that i dont get upset sometimes and feel like when is it gonna be our turn again, but it passes, luckily it doesnt happen often.

I have gone all out on checking out everything to do with frugal living, not because i have to, simply because i choose to.
When you are hit hard by shocks like ours, you see things differently, trivial things are just that, trivial and dont share much room in my head for thought any more.

I have a nice home, it was decorated from top to bottom the same year my son passed , so its still pretty fresh and i look after my furniture and things so im not desperate to make big changes, but a few cosmetic ones would be nice.

Anyway like last year, il be sharing my new journeys with you this year also, i will be working as best i can from a list of things id like to do or get done this year, so bare with me and if your interested come along for the ride x

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing a child. It sounds like you've begun to find serenity in your life again with your other family members. You said you like to be needed - I'm sure your husband and other children need you, even if it's not something obvious. Hang in there. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bless you kathy, what a kind and wonderful comment hun xxx

    ReplyDelete